The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
We have placed below links to the websites of the agencies and partnerships we work with to support SEND. These include:
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- County Durham – Families Information Service
- Making Changes Together in County Durham
- (GOV.uk) – Department for Education
- (GOV.uk) – Children & families Act 2014
- SEND Pathfinder
- Achievement for All
- (GOV.uk) Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions
To find out more on the local authorities’ local offer please access the link below.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.