At Leadgate Primary School, we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
Our school endeavours to be an environment where all children are included, make progress and each child valued for their individuality. This will be through meeting the individual needs of children consulting with agencies, parents, advisory teachers and the children themselves.
We work very hard providing intervention groups catering to individual needs.
We have well trained staff who are experienced with working alongside children supporting and ensuring the best progress is made.
Our school ethos is one of caring, supporting and building children’s confidence therefore we treat all children positively and equally, and interventions are viewed positively by the children. Within our school we can accommodate within reasonable adjustment children working below academic expectations, with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition, dyslexia, dyscalculia, speech and language difficulties, ADD and ADHD, Downs Syndrome, emotional and social needs and other specific learning difficulties.
Please view our school policy:
SEN Policy and Information Report
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.